As per the survey, SD card is proficiently used storage device across the universe. As its name suggest a secure digital card, it is a perfect storage device in comparison with others. But just think, what if your micro SD card not showing up windows 10? This is a cumbersome situation for any user. But, almost every user has faced this issue once in their lives. Mainly, SD card not detected issue occurs due to corruption, write-protection etc. So, we considered this issue and mention some effective techniques to resolve it from the memory card. Moreover, this is a usual problem that can be resolved without any obstruction. Simply, follow this guide to fix why is my SD card not showing up issue free.
Manual Ways to Resolve SD Card Not Showing Up Windows 10 Issue
Here, in this segment, you will get the free solutions to resolve the most commonly asked issue such as why my SD card not showing up. Mainly, this manual way is available in 4 workarounds. All four approaches are disclosed efficiently. So, you can execute any one of them to fix the SD card not detected the error. Let’s get started:
Workaround 1: Enable Memory Card Reader To Make SD Card Show Up
The micro SD card reader is enabled by default in Windows. But, sometimes users disabled it, this can occurs this SD card not showing up the issue. So, we list the directions to enable it again. Using this trick hopefully, you will get rid of this tiresome issue:
- Initially, click on the Start menu and select the Device Manager option from the provided menu list.
Now, navigate and extend category such as Memory technology devices then, double-click on the card reader.
- Here, hit on the Driver option from the top panel of the prompted wizard. After that hit a click on the Disable button.
- Then, click the YES button, when you get a pop-up message such as Disabling this device will cause it to stop functioning. Do you really want to disable it?
- Lastly, double-click on the card reader to open Properties wizard. This time you have to hit on Enable Device button.
If you still face this SD not showing up the issue after performing the above-listed steps. So, you can proceed to the next method.
Workaround 2: Reinstall the Memory Card Reader Driver
The SD card reader is lead to undetected memory card issue. This can happen when a card reader driver is incorrect, outdated, missing and corrupted. Thus, we are going to resolve this issue by reinstalling the driver for the card reader. To do so, follow the below-outlined steps properly:
- First of all, open Device Manager. Then, right-click on the Computer icon from PC and choose Manage and hit on Device Manager on the Computer Management wizard.
- Here, expand Memory technology devices components and navigate to the card reader
- Now, you require to take down the brand and model of the card reader. So, you can go to its site to download the updated driver.
- Then, right-click on the card reader and choose Uninstall device option from the context menu.
- Choose Delete the driver software for this device option and hit on uninstall button. When the driver is removed properly so, you have to restart your computer.
- Ultimately, download the latest driver from the card reader’s website and install it in compatibility mode. To do so, follow the below-stated steps:
- Right-click on the driver installer to select Properties
- Now, on the properties wizard hit on the Compatibility tab and under Compatibility mode you have to choose Run this program in compatibility mode option. After that, choose the Windows version from the drop-down menu and click on Apply and OK buttons simultaneously.
- Here, run the setup file and follow all the on-screen directions to complete the installation. Then, reboot your system after successful completion of installation.
Workaround 3: Assign New Drive Letter for SD Card
When a user inserted the SD card to the computer. So, the SD card won’t show up because your computer does not have a drive letter. In some circumstances, the memory card reader is assigned a drive letter and yet get you to confront an error such as Please insert a disk into a removable disk, it means the SD card not showing up. In order, to resolve this you can try this method as changing the drive letter for memory. Let’s get started:
- Firstly, right-click on the Start button and choose Disk Management from the context menu
- Now, find SD card in disk management and right-click on it select Change Drive Letter and Paths option.
- Finally, click on the Change button from the prompted menu. Here, opt a drive letter from the drop-down menu then hit on OK button. If the memory card does not have any drive letter so, you should click on the Add button.
Workaround 4: Remove the Write-Protection from SD Card
Sometimes, users write-protected their SD cards without knowing the fact i.e., if once it is set to be write-protected then, it cannot be detected by the desktop. So, follow the below-stated steps to remove write-protection from SD card.
- Primarily, press Windows +R keys together to open the Run wizard. Then, type devmgmt.msc and click OK button to proceed ahead.
- Now, navigate and expand Disk Drives option and search SD card
- Here, right-click on the card and select Properties
- At last, turn off write policy option and hit on OK. If you are unable to find out such an option so, find out it under the Policies tab.
In case, if you lose your crucial data after performing the manual ways to fix micro SD card 64gb not working issue. So, you can take help of this amazing software named SysTools SD card recovery tool to recover deleted data from SD card. This tool can instantly recover permanently deleted data from formatted SD card. Mainly, the tool is programmed with enhanced features like it retrieve all types of data such as documents, video, audio, text etc., from SD Card. This tool does not integrate with any kind of compatibility issue. It supports all advanced and below versions of Windows OS. Moreover, this application permits recovery of data from formatted SD card of all size i.e., 4/ 8/ 16/ 32GB etc.
This blog highlights the top 4 techniques to resolve the most ordinarily query such as why is my SD card not showing up. Thus, you can utilize any method as per your comfort and necessity.